Thursday, June 23, 2005

Getting Started...

I learned to crochet when I was a lil' girl, maybe 5-6 years old. Between my mom and my grandma they managed to not only show a clusmy left-hander (I was clumsy, period, not clumsy because I was left-handed, heh) how to crochet... but to get her completely addicted as well.

I've crocheted on and off since I was very young, making any number of weird and semi-useful things I could think of. Hats, scarves, slippers, socks, purses, "containers", pouches, wall-hangings, the occasional sweater, etc, you name it!

I'm very happy to see the upswing in the number of crocheters! And I'm especially happy to see other younger artistic!! We need people and ideas of all ages to keep this great craft alive!

My intentions with this blog are:
1) a place to get and keep in contact with fellow crocheters
2) a place to show off my creations from my patterns and others
3) a place to share patterns I've created myself

I had an idea to make a project that featured a specific crochet stitch every 1-2 weeks. Most crocheters know a dozen (or fewer) different stitches but there are a lot more out there! I figured this would be a nice way to bring attention to a unusual or unique stitch and give people a chance to actually try out the new stitch they've just learned.

These "lessons" or "Featured Stitch" sections could include:
1) details on the background of the stitch (if any)
2) detailed instructions (or links to detailed instructions) on how to create the stitch,
3) links to free and purchase patterns using the featured stitch
4) suggested project ideas using the featured stitch

It could be more, it could be less. Again it's just a lil' brain storm I've been conducting, heh.

How does that sound? Lame? Cool? =P Be honest, I'm tuff I can take it, hahaha. =D

0 comments: