Friday, March 06, 2009

Tiny Knits = Too much fun!

For those you not yet confused/lost by my myrid of hobbies here's a new one... Jun Planning has these awesome little dolls called Dal. Each is their own little character, costume and all. I've been eye-balling Pullips for a while but now 'Angry' has realllllly caught my eye. In preparation for the yet-to-be-determined arrival of a lovely JP doll I've started knitting small items.

I've got a set of bra and panties which were very quick knits. FYI, this set is modeled on a Bratz doll instead of a Dal:


And last night I started on a couple of cardigans.

The first looks much like this:


And the other looks kinda like this, the basic shape anyway, but I've used a leaf and vine stitch pattern along the bottom edge and on the sleeves:


After that I think I'm going to give something like this a try, it's cute something I'd wear myself:


I'm loving working with the petite projects; the thinner specialty yarns, the tiny needles that make such delicate stitches. As well as getting to experiement on projects that show results sooner rather than later without the quality suffering.

0 comments: