Tuesday, July 05, 2005

A Long Weekend

I had a nice long 3 day weekend thanks to the July 4th Holiday. It could almost be considered a 4 day weekend since they let us go home very early on Friday. It was crazy, we had a meeting at 10am, it only took 30 minutes and then my manager closed the meeting by saying... "Now go home." I couldn't believe it! I actually went up to him and asked, "For real?" LOL

For having a nice long weekend I didn't get much accomplished. =/ I frogged a few UFOs. Sorted through a bag of old yarn my mother-in-law sent through the mail. Some of this yarn is older then I am, hahah. The labels were all hard yellowed crumbly paper so I figured I should ball them up while I was digging through them. I really would love a winder....

I heard another crocheter mention that she uses big ol' flip-lid Rubbermaid containers for her yarn... I'm thinking I'm going to check out Wal-Mart this weekend and see what they have. My stash isn't as big as it was before I moved. But I'd also like to keep it in better shape then some of my old stuff, heh.

I have a new favorite yarn, Caron's Simply Soft! I wish there were a few more varigated colors but I love the soft silky feel of this yarn and the slight sheen it has is so pretty. It works up so smooth and quickly, it's like buhtar, dahling. I can't wait for fall to get here so I can make a sweater for myself, hehe. Hmmm I might have to get an early start on it I could always use a cardigan for when the office gets chilly.

Yes. I use the 'evil' acrylic yarns... I firmly believe there's a purpose for every type of yarn, be it artificial or natual fibers.

0 comments: